Monday, March 19, 2012

P-Phone


I was born a silent observer.

Known to be a very reserved fella in school whose name "barely appeared on the blackboard" - the hitlist of talkative students. The change came in college and life with 17 more guys made me privy to upteen number of gossips/arguments/debates which we termed "the talk of the intellectuals". Still I considered myself a good listener in most conversations.

And that was when mobile phones came up in life. I lost  my friends who searched for their "range". Secretly I felt deprived when my precious talking times with pals/gals would be stolen by the guy/gal on the other end  and their conversation would never end ( how i wished i could talk like that too ! ).

Work life and the travel on office buses in Pune for long hours taught me the art of the m-talk. Horns.honks and busy streets gave way to spicy talks on anything and everything - on the life of money. Back to college couple of years later meant that my mates thought I was too busy at studies to be free, I was too busy thinking my mates would still be with their bosses to talk.

And then I got the perfect talking job. Company gave me phone and people called in to say "Hello" to  give their numbers. Rest is history - when this little thing is ON is where I feel i work for a Fortune 100 company rather my boss feels that m-connect and marks my attendance.My customers feel my presence and warmth and taunts :) .

I learnt the art of hands-free. Yeah i.e. when you talk and mentally  you are still @ work with hands and try to at times - drive...safely though.

Last saturday though I left my hands-free in my car. I was too lazy to get it over for Sunday and I  worked over phone for a while. Thats when I realised the small pimple on my right ear. Each time I kept my  phone close to my right and efficient ear, it hurt.  It still does.


I call it the Pimple-Phone. The P-phone.

I was born a silent observer.Today - I am trying to live with the p-phone.





1 comment:

  1. Still the question remains...do u use a smart phone?dare not come with a funny answer....:)

    ReplyDelete